DIY Countdown Halloween Frame

Monday, September 10, 2012

I haven't decorated my house for fall yet, because it still feels like summer here, and as much as I love fall, I am not ready to put away my flip flops or stop going to the pool.

I have started making little crafts here and there, so that I when I do decide to decorate for Fall I'll have everything ready, without needing to go buy stuff, which is so easy to do for me.

Anyway, I made this cute little Halloween frame with just scrap paper that I had on hand, and a Dollar Tree frame. I modpodged the paper and made a little pennant banner, by cutting little triangles and then using some washi tape to attach it to some twine. I had a sheet of sticker letters and numbers, and used those to spell October 31.


Ridiculousness Alert: You're not gonna believe this, but I had to google when exactly Halloween is. I know...pathetic. In my defense, I am European and I didn't grow up with this tradition. So, I guess this frame is not only decorative, but also serves its purpose as a reminder to silly Europeans that have to google when Halloween is. (You just wait when it's time for Thanksgiving. I don't know when that is either).

So, go grab a frame and make your own little free decor to put on your mantle. Are there common sense things that you have to google, or am I the only one that does that?

Hugs,
Iuliana

fall link partyparties, as well as
here and here

Would you like to see similar projects? I have a lot of fall projects coming up,
so please consider following or subscribing 
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:

facebooktwitter
Pin It

25 comments:

  1. Cute! That would look good in my living room! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea. I'm like you holding on to the last days of summer but preparing for fall.

    If you get a chance come link up your post at my Fall Edition Pin Party.

    http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/09/pintastic-monday-fall-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutelly. Thank you for visiting to my little corner of blogland.

      Delete
  3. That is so cute! I just might have to make one! Love the chevron paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fast and easy! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I'm obsessed with chevron and this craft is killing me! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one obsessed with chevron. You should stick around and maybe follow my blog, because I have a ton of chevron prjects coming up. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Okay, my brain is not so cool as yours! I love this, and how I missed it is beyond me, sooooo fun! I think I need a chevron project....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute indeed!! I love it... I'm your newest follower! Visiting from Savvy Southern Styles linky party!

    - Fotini { http://glamorousbride.blogspot.com }

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute! Love all the papers you used. Awesome job and this is the perfect little reminder for you to know when to buy the some candy! ;)
    Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse Party. I'll be featuring this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Allison, thank you so much. Now I can tell people that the reminder is for the sake of the kids that will be Trick or Treating who will be hoping for candy at my door.

      Delete
  8. Love this idea! I'd love for you to link this project up to Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/09/do-something-crafty-57/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Cute and simple...the best kind of craft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, how CUTE is that!??? I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute and easy to recreate! I'm gonna use this for November and December also. Great idea!!

    I usually have to google Thanksgiving every year because I use the calendar on my smartphone most of the time instead of a wall calendar. And I'm American! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just too cute! Love the patterns and the frame looks awesome for a dollar store frame! I don't always remember when Thanksgiving is either... shhh don't tell anyone :) Crossing my fingers you'll share this at my Throwback Thursday party! I hope to see you there :) http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-11/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great reminder - and super stylish too! Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your project on A Crafty Soiree, each Thursday on Katie's Nesting Spot and Yesterday on Tuesday. I've featured your project in the newest one. It will be up at midnight EST. Please come check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this frame! You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby's Halloween Decor Challenge! :) http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/32/halloween-decor

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day