Disney Frozen Birthday Party

Monday, June 2, 2014

Even though it is not winter, it doesn't stop my newly turned 4 year old princess to be in love with the Disney Frozen Movie. Like many kids her age, she is obsessed with this movie, knows the lyrics to all the songs, and is just captivated with everything related to it. I have to say I quite liked the first couple of times I saw it, especially the music and Olaf the snowman.


So, when it was time to plan my daughter's 4th birthday party, it was 'crystal clear' that it would be a Frozen Party. It was a last minute decision, mostly because of a family spending 'freeze' we'd been working on. Sorry...can't resist the 'cold' terminology.  Seeing as how it is almost summer and the movie has been out for a few good months now, it was hard to find anything Frozen related anywhere and even though I found some cups at a party store, I wasn't about to shell out $20 for a set of 12 cups. All of this meant I had to DIY the party, all pretty much a couple of day before the party.

I tried to keep it low key, and looking back at the pictures, it doesn't seem like a lot, but it really was a bunch of work, including staying up till 1AM the night before, mostly to clean up.

For food, we had veggie and fruit trays, pigs in a blanket (which were super popular with the kids), and a couple of the giant Costco pizzas; water and pink lemonade for drinks.

 I set up a dessert table as well. I made a bunch of Elsa crowns using foam paper and had a few extra and so I made a banner to go above the dessert table. I dug out some Christmas decorations as well, but couldn't really get to many that wouldn't require serious storage room changes.


I made cupcakes, marshmallow pops and cake pop using vanilla donut holes.





We had an Olaf cake and it was made by a friend of mine. So freezing cute and oh so yummy.


For activities, we had snowman bowling. Just draw snowman faces on white paper cups and use crumpled paper for the ball. The kids absolutely loved this game and because we had about 16 kids at the party this and the other two activities were enough.
























Next up was Pin the nose on Olaf. My husband drew Olaf on poster paper without a nose. I think he did such a good job. Mine would've been 3 circles, eyes and mouth and his looks just like the real one.
Sorry about the camera picture
We cut up noses from foam paper. A little tip here: use double sided tape (I couldn't find mine and ended up folding regular tape), and then stick them on the shiny side of a sheet of wax or parchment paper. Hand one to each child when it is their turn.


We also made snowmen using marshmallows, frosting to attached all the body parts, pretzels for arms, orange tic tacs for noses, and chocolate frosting for eyes, mouth and buttons.

 Then we did gifts and dessert.


My daughter loved everything and kept pointing all the Frozen things things she noticed.

Because I didn't buy any themed party supplies I found some free online printables to use as dessert toppers, labels and wrappers, here and here. I also made reindeer antlers and Elsa crowns using these patterns. I made one crown and my daughter said it was an evil Elsa crown, so I adjusted the ridges and made them all in triangles. The kids loved them, but for some reason I forgot to take a picture of them.

'Can I just say something crazy?'. If you don't do what I did and plan far enough in advance, this can really be pretty stress free, although I am not familiar with that feeling, because even if I plan in advance, I still end up actually doing everything a day or two before. So, learn from my mistakes and go have yourself a Frozen Party and don't forget 'to stuff some chocolate in your face', which of course is the one thing I did not forget to do.

Hugs,







Pin and share!

linking at these parties
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. This was such a fun party!! You did an amazing job, everything was perfectly "Frozen"!!! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from The Sunday Showcase link party. Everything turned out great! I love how you used the Christmas balls. It's always nice to be able to reuse things that you already have. I've been wanting to make the dipped marshmallow but am concerned that get hard. How far ahead did you make them or how long do they last before getting hard? Thanks for sharing from the ladies at www.homemadeinterest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them the day before and I didn't really get a chance to see how long before they harden because they were all gone, but I would think a couple of days. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aw...thank you Maureen. It was a lot of fun to put together.

      Delete
  5. IULICAAAA.......CINE O MAI FOST LA ZIUA DE NASTERE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in total erau 16 copii: prieteni de la gradinita si biserica, si evident verisorii. Ce zici de ziua ei...ti-a placut?

      Delete
  6. You did a fantastic job! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The person who decorated the cake needs a medal because it looks awesome! Also, I love all the frozen references in your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible party! Thank you for linking up with us at the Be.You.Tiful Link Party! We hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day