How to put together a simple Picnic Date

Monday, April 15, 2013

I have to say that one of my favorite ways to eat and in general spend time with friends, family or dates is to have a picnic. There's something so magical about it in my mind. I think it reminds me of my childhood days spent at my grandparents', running in the fields, smelling the fresh air, feeling the grass on my feet, and hearing the beautiful sounds of nature. Every day was picnic day, as we ate food we had just picked from the garden.

The other day it was my turn to plan date night and so dinner and a movie it was. I didn't really want to spend money at a restaurant (does anyone else feel like they go bankrupt when going to a movie?! Seriously...way too expensive), but didn't really want to eat at home either. So picnic it was. I decided to go with a simple and light dinner, as we had a coupon for popcorn and knew that we would stuff our faces with that during the movie (romantic...huh?!)


I made a broccoli grape salad, a small plate of Caprese Skewers (recipe here) and some
awesome Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.



I used a mason jar for the salad, topped it with some butcher paper, and the put the rim lid on. I tied the fork with some bakers twine. I added some paper and twine to the cookies as well.



We didn't stay very long (like 15 min at the most), because the winds became very strong and the sky looked like this.


As soon as we got in the car, it started raining. I still view the picnic a succes! Your turn to go grab something simple to eat and drink, and a blanket. It will make any dinner or lunch seem fancier.

What do you  like to eat on you go on picnics?


 

Image Map
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. The Caprese Skewers look really good and tasty!
    Could you link to the recipe, please? (There, whre it says "here" there's nothing, sadly!)

    …and the pic of the sky is amazing!

    Love, Midsommarflicka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I added the link - thank you for pointing out that it's not linked up. I hope you find it useful.

      Delete
  2. You do such a great job at the details! What a great picnic! I love all of it! In fact I wish I had it right so I didn't have to make dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it wasn't snowing right now, we could have a picnic together. Maybe we should have a picnic dinner one of these days, You'll have to instruct me on the amount of food needed for a family of 8! Crazy!

      Delete

Your comments make my day