Small Apartment Holiday Decor {handmade&economical}

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This is a repost from Holiday Season 2011.

We live in a small apartment, so even just having a Christmas tree sometimes seems like a lot for our small living room. That's why going light on decor seemed like a good and economical idea. Most things I made myself and just enjoyed having reminders for the reason we celebrate Christmas.


No mantle? No problem? I just hung a horizontal frame above the TV, attached a piece of ribbon and displayed my cards. I used a push pin to hang my peppermint wreath and double sided tape for the letters.



I framed my polka dotted wrapping paper and stuck a printable in the middle.


Since I was on the peppermint ball (pun intended), I decided to make a peppermint ball and then just placed
 it on a large candle holder.

Here's my hutch in the kitchen all dolled up for the holidays


This hutch is not only home to a lot of kitchen stuff, but also to my sewing machine. Tis the life in a small apartment with no storage space. I am grateful for what we have and most of all for the birth of Jesus Christ and the light it brings into our lives.


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Iuliana
Would you like to see similar projects? Please consider following or subscribing 
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Such cute red and white decor! Of course I love the peppermint wreath, and the Joy letters, did you make those? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute red decorations! I think they are Lovely, brings out the Christmas mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful decorations. I can feel the Christmas Spirit already!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day