DIY Peppermint Topiary

Thursday, December 6, 2012


This is a very simple project and doesn't take very long. 
I gathered my supplies: a styrofoam ball, peppermints, and my gluegun.


I taped the ball both for aesthetic reasons and practical - I didn't want the hot glue 
melting through the styrofoam.

I then used the gluegun and glued the mints all around. I made sure to put enough for proper adhesion, but not too much, as it was easily oozing out on the sides. Make sure you press down on each mint for a couple of seconds before moving on.


Place it in a bowl, hang it with ribbon, or display it on a candle holder 
as sort of a peppermint topiary, like I did.


I hope you are finding time to enjoy the Holiday Season!

Hugs,                                                                                                                    
Iuliana
Would you like to see similar projects? Please consider following or subscribing 
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter
as well as here
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! this is the cutest thing ever!!! I love it! Please stop by to link- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2012/12/link-party.html
    I'd love to have you do a guest post on my blog. Email me if you are interested- atozebranancy@gmail.com
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely email you regarding a guest post. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love your idea!!! I did my dining room this year with lots of candy canes and peppermints. This would make another wonderful addition to my hutch and so easy to make. Thanks for sharing your great idea.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I am a little obsessed with peppermints this time of year. So pretty and simple...and cheap!

      Delete
  3. What a fun project and decoration, Iliuana!! I would love for you to link this post to my weekly Tasty Thursdays linky party going on right now. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/12/tasty-thursdays-20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. done and done! Thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  4. This is picture perfect! And the red chevron in the back ground....it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad the chevron is having the same effect on you as it does on me...lol

      Delete
  5. This is sooo cute. I love that you turned it into a topiary, but it would be super cute as an ornament too.

    http://amrsandamama.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Definitely stopping by your blog later.

      Delete
  6. Looks so cute, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I never thought to use peppermints in decorating! Im going to have to see where I can put some now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful topiary! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your peppermint topiary! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/fabric-covered-can-pen-and-pencil.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhhh, it's a thing of beauty!

    if you haven't already, we would love to have you stop by the blog for our giveaway!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea to tape the styrofoam ball. The topiary looks great!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe one of my favorite bloggers -you- came to my blog and commented! Thank you!

      Delete

Your comments make my day