{Day 12} 30 Days to Finding your Blogging Voice

Monday, November 5, 2012

Pin It

It is Day 12 of the 'Find your Blogging Voice' Challenge. For more details on how to participate, as well as to catch up on missed days, please go here and consider joining us.


Here's mine:
Write about the last time you ran.

I run every day - after my toddler. She is always on the move and for her safety I have to run after her all the time. But the most memorable last run I've had was my first 10K I did last weekend. I have trained for it, but as an overweight woman, it wasn't enough training for a successful race, let alone for any confidence that I was even going to finish. I was freaking out, but guess what?!?...I did it. I finished the race and I wasn't even the last one to finish. I have to say it was hard as heck. I've heard lots of people walk it or run really slow. Well... apparently that wasn't the case with this race, because when I started nice and slow, I was sort of the last one, however all those people that started really fast but weren't in the best shape of their live just like me, slowed way down a mile doown the road and I was able to pass them and keep a steady course of 4 minute runnin and 2 min walking, with a sprint at every two mile. I wanted to give up after the first two miles, as it seemed like I was going to die. I kept telling myself to literally take it one step at a a time. I ended up having some 9 min miles, mostly because I was afraid I was going to be the last one.

I finished way earlier than I thought, so none of my family was there to cheer me at the end, as I told them it would probably take me 2 hours to do it. It ended up being just a little over an hour. I now feel like I can achieve my health and weight loss goals and that my body can take more than what I give it credit and that my biggest limitation is my brain telling my body I can't go on anymore. Now I know I can.
________________________________________________________________________________

Your turn now: Write about the last time you ran.
Miss a day? No worries! Here you can find the rest of the ways we've been working on.


Please do Pin this image, so more people can participate and get their blog writing into full gear.

Pin It


Happy Blogging and Hugs,
Iuliana  






Pin It

Do you want to make sure you do all the prompts to find your blogging voice? 
Please consider following or subscribing 
                   to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
                                                            facebooktwitter

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That is so AWESOME Iuliana! I am glad your run went well, what a great time, I am super impressed! Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good prompt. My experience wasn't quite as positive as yours: http://birddroppings2.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-last-time-i-ran.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day