{Day 13} 30 Days to Finding your Blogging Voice

Tuesday, November 13, 2012


Pin It

It is Day 13 of the 'Find your Blogging Voice' Challenge. For more details on how to participate, as well as to catch up on missed days, please go here and consider joining us.


Here's mine:
Name something you lost or gave away that can never be replaced.

I was 16 and on my way to my first independent journey outside the country on an airplane. My parents had to work and couldn't take me to the airport, so my mom gave me money for taxi. I decided to save that money and just take a bus with a friend of mine who said she took that bus all the time. At the bus station I went. I waited and waited. I was nervous and excited. I mean...do you remember your first plane ride? Needless to say I was flying into Prague, where I'd spend a week in a luxury hotel getting trained as a Campaing Coordinator for Amnesty International. I was young, excited and totally dumb. See...I had a suitcase, a backpack and a purse with me. As I waited for my friend, I became anxious that I may be late for my flight and went into a store right by the station to call my friend. When I came out I realized my load was lighter and remembered I had left my backpack outside.That's when I saw a group of skater teens running away with it. I was devastated. I ran after them, I freaked, I screamed, I called the police. I was really relieved when I realized I had put my ticket and passport in my purse, but somehow all my money was in the backpack.

What I lost that can never be returned is my journal. I have always been terrible at keeping journals (hence the writing prompt challenge), but that  time around I had been writing in it every day for about a year. There were so many things that happened that year and now I have no record of it. I've never really gotten over the loss of my journal and first scriptures.

I did fly to Prague that day and had to exist on a very minimal amount of money that
I had saved for not using a taxi. Ironic?
________________________________________________________________________________

Your turn now: Name something you lost or gave away that can never be replaced.

Miss a day? No worries! Here you can find the rest of the ways we've been working on.


Please do Pin this image, so more people can participate and get their blog writing into full gear.

Pin It


Happy Blogging and Hugs,
Iuliana  






Pin It

Do you want to make sure you do all the prompts to find your blogging voice? 
Please consider following or subscribing 
                   to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
                                                            facebooktwitter

Pin It

0 awesome comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day