My eco-friendly endeavors {with The Honest Company }

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I grew up with mostly everything organic and eco-friendly. Why? Because ALL our food came from my grandma's garden, the meat, dairy and eggs all came from her animals - a couple of cows, where we got a lot of the dairy, chickens for meat and eggs, ducks, turkeys, pigs, sheep (best feta in the world anyone?) and even a goat that in the summers was my responsibility to care for. I remember those days with so much nostalgia and appreciation for all my grandparents' hard work. We knew that every Thursday we could go to the bus that came from my grandma's village to the city and that there would be a big bag filled with freshest foods for us. Grandma always made sure she also added some home-made treats for us, such us yummy jams, or freshly baked rolls. Most of time, the bread was still warm when we got our hands on it. There's even a story my parents like to tell of me being little and how after a whole summer spend in the country, when I came home in the fall, I kept crying and saying that I don't want pig bread (somehow in my 4 year old mind I though that store bought bread was meant for pigs, not humans). 

Fast forward many a few years, and I am here in the US, finding it a big challenge to provide such a healthy life-style for my own family. I don't remember my parents having to baby proof their cleaning supplies cabinet, because there was nothing dangerous about them. Today, I feel like everything around us is filled with chemicals and dangers for my family. I am not the paranoid type, but I have something to compare it to and I cannot accept the reality that everything will have chemicals and that there's nothing I can do.My eco-friendly upbringing is also the source for all the creative projects here on the blog - my mom made all my clothes, did all the home projects and I learned it all from my mom and grandma. I seek to bring the same sense of responsibility to my own family, including the home design. What says more conscious home decor than thrifting, recycling and reusing? -  all very important parts of my life and this blog!

So, when I came upon The Honest Company, I was really excited to explore their eco-friendly products.The video below gave me a pretty good idea what this company is all about. It's very short, so I recommend you watch it. Plus, it has Jessica Alba and her cute kids in it.




I love getting letters and stuff in the mail in general (probably goes back to those Thursday when we got a bag full of love from my grandma's), so when I got my package from The Honest Company, I literally squealed with joy!



The box was super cute and you all know that sometimes I like the packaging better than the actual contents. The box included a trial size Family Essentials bundle, which you can get when you sign up on the website.



I tried a few of the items, and it just made me smile: the healing lotion worked wonders on my baby's hands and mine. Colorado weather can really dry up skin really fast, and although I love my beautifully fragrant lotions I get at Christmas every year, I have to say this one actually did its job.

The Honest Company was started by a mom and a dad who, like many modern parents, were increasingly worried about products made with questionable chemical ingredients. But the alternatives they found were often expensive, inaccessible, bland, or ineffective. In response to this clear need for something better, they created The Honest Company to ensure that parents (or anyone for that matter!) could easily find natural and non-toxic eco-friendly products that are beautiful, effective, and affordable. From customized product bundles to diapers and wipes to an ever-expanding line of cleaning and personal care products, you can find everything you need at Honest.com and have it delivered directly to your front door.


Give it a try! Click here to become a member of The Honest Company community and start your free trial today.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Honest Company. The opinions and text are all mine. Find all disclosure information here.






Hugs,
Iuliana
New here? Please consider following or subscribing 

to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:

facebooktwitter


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post? Looks like these are great products! I wish everything was chemical free! It is scary to think of all the harmful stuff we don't even know about...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day