This is a very simple appetizer that I like to bring to parties or make for my own parties, like I did at the most recent baby shower I organnized for a friend, or for a simple date picnic.
Caprese Party Skewers
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- fresh Italian basil leaves, torn or cut in half
- fresh mini mozzarella balls, cut in half or into a couple of slices
- french bread
- olive oil
- good quality balsamic vinegar, for serving
- salt and pepper
- Cut french bread into bite size cubes, spread on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place under broiler for 3 to 5 min
- To make the skewers, thread tomatoes, basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese cubes alternating. Place skewers on a serving platter. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar (or just olive oil if you don't like balsamic vinegar), sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and salt.
It's very simple and it is usually the first to go at every party. I also make a snack version of this without the bread and just on toothpicks. Yum!
Hugs, Linking to these awesome
Would you like to see similar projects? Please consider following or subscribing
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:Pin It