Caprese Party Skewers {Recipe}

Tuesday, October 2, 2012


This is a very simple appetizer that I like to bring to parties or make for my own parties, like I did at the most recent baby shower I organnized for a friend, or for a simple date picnic.
Caprese Party Skewers
Ingredients
  • cherry tomatoes, cut in half 
  • fresh Italian basil leaves, torn or cut in half
  • fresh mini mozzarella balls, cut in half or into a couple of slices
  • french bread
  • olive oil
  • good quality balsamic vinegar, for serving
  • salt and pepper
  • skewers
Instructions
  1. Cut french bread into bite size cubes, spread on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place under broiler for 3 to 5 min
  2. To make the skewers, thread tomatoes, basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese cubes alternating. Place skewers on a serving platter. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar (or just olive oil if you don't like balsamic vinegar), sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and salt.

It's very simple and it is usually the first to go at every party. I also make a snack version of this without the bread and just on toothpicks. Yum!

Hugs,                                                                                                             Linking to these awesome 
parties, as well as here and here
fall link partyIuliana
Would you like to see similar projects? Please consider following or subscribing 
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I love your recipe! Please come party with me at Cast Party Wednesday! Thanks! ~Sheryl~
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/cast-party-wednesday-link-party-61/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the addition of chunks bread to the skewers. It's all the components of a sandwich on a stick!

    I would love for you to share these with my readers at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. caprese is one of my favorites!! yum! yum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love anything Caprese! Can't wait to try this idea with the skewers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! These are so GOOD! I can't wait to have a party so I can make some! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look delicious....so simple, but a unique spin on a favorite. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious. I'll be trying it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea! I love caprese salad, and this is so great for parties!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing.

    (Visiting from the Link Party at Simple Home Life)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a yummy recipe for summer. Can't wait to try it. Loved and pinned. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day