12 Savvy ways to use old ladders in home decor and storage

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I may have mentioned this before, but I am easily influenced by home design trends. I like to think of it as being flexible and open to new ideas. So, here I am obsessed with vintage ladders. My grandma had one to hang the gauze we used in cheese making - yes...I grew up helping my grandparents milk their cows, and sheep and even a goat that seemed to hate me...and making awesome cheeses. I am going off a tangent here. Let's go back to how cool vintage ladders looks as decorative/storage pieces. 
Here are some I've found around the magical land of blogs.

Make your own using this awesome tutorial from Our Vintage Home Love


Carolina Country Living added a rustic piece of wood on top of the ladder. The result - awesome shelf!


Love this ladder as a shelf from Mia's Interior


Better Homes & Gardens featured this in a storage and organization article. Looks so functional, it's vintage AND it's Turquoise! Triple score!



Crafts by Amanda actually has a tutorial (I am feeling all giddy because I love turorials) on this decoupage ladder! 

 Poetic Home has absolutely amazing ideas like the one below


                 This one is perfect for Halloween from Midwest Living.com



                                Pots & Pans in hands reach at all times?! Check!

ladder5


                                This step stool turned side table is soo cute!
ladder2


                   A space to hang your laundry, that doesn’t take up space. In love!!!

ladder1

Hang a vintage step stool for instant shelving!
ladder3

We can't forget about shoes. How cute would this be to make?! From Pottery Barn


Ok, so now that we have a compiled list of vintage ladder uses, let's get our home decorating juices cracking and use one of these ideas in our homes. I live in a small apartment, so I will probably go with a shelf ladder. 

Which one do you like?

Hugs,
Iuliana
Would you like to see similar projects? Please consider following or subscribing 
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! I am personally in love with the laundry room hanging ladder, in fact I think I have that one pinned already....but making your own sounds tempting....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day