Simple Chevron Baby Shower

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A friend of mine is having a baby girl after two boys. I wanted to do a baby shower for her and wanted it to be low key, that didn't overwhelm her with girly stuff, but that in the same time gave her a taste of girly -ness.

Having all these parameters in mind, the obvious course of action was to go chevron (right? I am not the only that thinks it obvious, right?).


I went with very simple decor - a white table cloth with a chevron runner (really it was just a piece of chevron fabric I had, and it wasn't even hemmed), my cute cake platters, most of which were DIYed.

For food, there was just a simple pasta salad, rolls, butter and a fruit plate. I took care of the desserts: Gluten Free Cupcakes (one of my friends actually frosted them because I am a terrible froster), cake pops, meringues, chocolate covered oreos, and a yummy european marshmallowy thingy my mom used to make that I don't know the name of (pictured above).



I love this next appetizer food - just absolutely love it. It is very simple and fast to prepare and I make it for all parties and it is the first thing to be gone.


Recipe for the Caprese Skewers will come in another post. If there is anything else you would like the recipe for, let me know and I can share it with guys.

For party favors, I made marshmallow, candy melts popcorn - bagged them and topped them with a chevron label. I also brought all the favor supplies with me and bagged left over desserts for people to take with.

Although it seems as a very simple shower, and it was, none of that simplicity was present at my house. See the shower was at another friends' house, and I prepared everything at mine. It seriously looked like a tornado hit my kitchen and craft nook. There was pop corn everywhere, pots and pans, dishes, melted chocolate splattered on walls, butter exploded in the microwave - just a big mess.

I am also glad my dessert table at the shower didn't reflect how it took me a few hours to find my card stock paper which I had only purchased the week before - now my craft nook is a total disaster and few things have been saved.

Other than that it was all nice and peachy. I hope you guys have a wonderful week.

Hugs,
Iuliana                                                 Linking to these awesome 
parties, as well as here and here
fall link party








Would you like to see similar projects? Please consider following or subscribing 
 to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter
Pin It

34 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like a very beautiful Baby shower! coming from Mighty crafts, Pinning this, my best friend is having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by and pinning!

      Delete
  2. It was perfect! The food the display, the favors, everything! You did a fabulous job, and my favorite part...the chevron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for coming to the shower, even though you had such a busy day.

      Delete
  3. Love it!! And yes, chevron is totally the most obvious solution ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, I know I can always count on you when it comes to justifying the use of chevron:)

      Delete
  4. Low key?! Ya right, this is AMAZING! I can't believe how cute you made everything! GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Savannah, you're too cute! Thank you for the compliments!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I love how it can work for either a boy or a girl. Perfect for those who are waiting until birth to find out the gender. Found you via Making The World Cuter.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - it would be awesome at a gender reveal shower!

      Delete
  6. Adorable! I love all the little signs you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful shower! I love the chevron. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great shower. You seem like a great friend to put so much effort in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my husband says I refuse to admit that I do things the 'Go big or go home' type way.

      Delete
  9. What a sweet party, and I JUST ADORE anything Chevron. Great job. Also, I didn't see COM linked up anywhere, or a link button to link parties. If I am wrong, I apologize. Thanks, jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry Jen, I usually add to every post I link up. I should add some sort of automatic way to add a link button to the link parties. So sorry. I changed it now.

      I am so excited that you stopped by my blog! Thank you!

      Delete
  10. This turned out so pretty. I love the Chevron & the food looks so delish. I'd love to feature this on my new party blog. miss-maggiesplace.com
    If your interested email me at missmaggiesplace at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I'm throwing a shower this weekend and using gray, yellow, and aqua chevron!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute and fun, great party table display!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like my kind of gathering! So pretty & chic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so pretty all together. Love the color choices and of course the chevron! Thanks for sharing. I found your post from the live, laugh linky party. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! I am in love with chevron! The colors you chose and the way you coordinated everything is just amazing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that all looks so beautiful! I'm loving the mix of colors and yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Iuliana! This is so cute! Love the table. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica. It means a lot coming from you since you're such an awesome party organizer and party person too. :)

      Delete
  18. I love this baby shower! This is what made me come peak at your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty table! It all looks so good! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Homemaker on a Dime. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Chevron! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful baby shower!! I love all the chevron and the beautiful snacks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful shower! You are so talented...Loved and pinned. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very interesting you say I am talented when most of the time I just wing it and don't think I have any talent, besides copying others' ideas. Thank you for pinning!

      Delete
  23. Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/upcycled-chicken-coop-clever-chicks.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your friend must be stoked to be having a baby girl. (Don't get me wrong - I'm TOTALY loving having 3 boys!!!) I think your party looked great. Hope you find your kitchen and craft nook soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The shower looks very delicious and wealthy; this is definitely a good colour theme and ideal for babies.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day