If you could be any age again for a week, which would you choose? {Day 10} 30 Days to Finding your Blogging Voice

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pin It
It is Day 10 of the 'Find your Blogging Voice' Challenge. For more details on how to participate, as well as to catch up on missed days, please go here and consider joining us.




Here's mine:

If you could be any age again for a week, which would you choose? This one seems like a tough one, because for some reason all I can think of, are times I had made mistakes and wish I could go back to change them. This is certainly not something I want to write about, nor is it very productive for me. Looking ahead is far more efficient than wishing I had done things differently.

So, I will write about something fun and now that I look back....pretty cute too. If I could be any age, I'd probably be in 7th grade. That is the year that so many things changed for me and really...so many of which really brought me today where I am. It is the year when I discovered Ally McBeal and decided I wanted to be a lawyer, it is the year I asked my grandma to teach me how to sew, it is the year I decided I wanted to be fluent in English...it is the year of my first date, yada yada yada.

Anyway, the reason I would choose that year is because that year (along with half the girls in my school) I had a crush on a boy from 9th grade named Ian. I, however, was not Ian material - I was a book worm and a rocker (although it had been a few years, I was still mourning Kurt Cobain's death), with long hair, flannel shirt, ripped up jeans, huge backpack and lots of metal. Ian dated girls with cute pink nail polish, wearing heels, mini skirts and tiny purses.
One day, after school as I started walking away to go home, I saw Ian out of the corner of my eye running towards my general direction. Um...somewhere close to me must be a cute girl. To my surprise, he called my name. He knew MY NAME. He wanted to walk me home and asked me on a date. To say that every girl that saw us was so upset and envious was an understatement. He walked me home after school every day that week. He said he liked me and invited me to the school Valentine's Day dance. Wha???? Seriously...I was shocked. However, the fear (and what other girls were saying) got the best of me, so the day before the dance I said I couldn't date him and that I wouldn't go to the dance with him. Surely he'll find a willing girl last minute and that he won't miss me very much. At the dance (oh...and I had to be there,'cause I was in charge of the decor, program, mc etc), I could see everyone talk about me and how Ian dumped me after one week.
So, I guess I wish that the week after the dance, I would've been courageous and not cry and hide under a rock. As an  FYI, Ian and I did date again after awhile. That is the year of my first kiss also. I feel bad that I don't even remember that boy's last name. I would totally stalk him on facebook...lol. Wouldn't you?
____________________________________________________________________

Your turn now: If you could be any age again for a week, which would you choose?
Miss a day? No worries! Here you can find the rest of the ways we've been working on.


Please do Pin this image, so more people can participate and get their blog writing into full gear.

Pin It


Happy Blogging and Hugs,
Iuliana  





Pin It



Do you want to make sure you do all the prompts to find your blogging voice? 
Please consider following or subscribing to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
                                                   facebooktwitter

Pin It

0 awesome comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day