Dollar Store mailing station

Wednesday, September 19, 2012


We don't have a foyer or an entryway, and therefore no space for a command center where mail can be sorted.

I decided to get one of those mail organizers you hang up on a wall. However, the only possible place that such a thing could be hung is too narrow. Then, my awesome friend Mindi from My love2Create said I should totally make a wood one myself. She assured me it was going to be easy. I was determined to do it, until I saw these cute little magnetic caddies at my Dollar Tree. Problem solved! They are just the right size for my narrow wall.


They are magnetic, but my wall isn't, so I added a command strip on the back of each caddy and up on the wall they wen. To the front I added some chalk board labels I already had.


Now I have the perfect spot to sort my mail. It was cheap, fast and no building was involved- my kind of project.

Hugs,
Iuliana
Would you like to see similar projects? Please consider following or subscribing
 to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I was wondering what dollar store carries these mail organizers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! Though I'm pretty sure everyone else's dollar stores have cooler stuff than mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what...that is how I feel almost all the time - everyone seems to be finding really cool there. I decided to give my Dollar Tree a chance and did find some good stuff.

      Delete
  3. I bought these the other day at the dollar tree. As soon as I put it on my fridge, the magnet fell off. I would definitely recommend using command strips or adding a heavier magnet. Dollar store buys are great, except sometimes you really get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...sometimes they need some help and creativity. Thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  4. How cute is this? I LOVE this idea. I totally need to do this because my husband comes in everyday and sets all the mail on the kitchen table, my BIGGEST pet peeve! Thanks for the idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cute are you?! thank you for checking this simple project out!

      Delete
  5. Great idea - though I don't think our Dollarama carries good stuff like this ... excellent inspiration though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you found a cheap and easy solution to your need to organize in a small-space! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that updated info, a fantastic service for everyone. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day