Chevron Wreath {Tutorial}

Sunday, August 19, 2012




Pin It

I have been wanting to make a chevron wreath for awhile, but of course...like anything else, I find myself procrastinating ALL.THE.TIME. This was a very easy project and can be done with any kind of fabric.

For this project you will need:
- wreath form (if you have a foam one, it will turn out more uniform, 
but I only had this ugly twisted thing and using what I have is my kind of project)
- canvas (or burlap, or felt, or fabric, or ribbon)
- main feature fabric (you'll need one 3-4 inch wide strip of fabric. 
I cut out along the width of my fabric)
- glue gun

TUTORIAL


As you can see in the picture above, there are legos all over the place in the background. It's just how I like pictures to be - with a very artsy background...ha! (right....it had nothing to do with the fact that I'd rather craft than clean up the toys all over my living room floor).

Step 1. So I basically just wrapped my canvas fabric around occasionally adding some hot glue to keep it in place. I don't have a picture of the next step, but I just took my chevron fabric strip and sowed it by hand, so I can gather it at the to make a long ruffle, enough to go around my wreath

Step 2. The last step was to hot glue my chevron ruffle to the canvas covered wreath form. And that's it.

Step 3 - I just hung it up by sliding the wreath holder in between the canvas and my ruffle, but you could probably finish the project properly and just hot glue some ribbon on the back making a loop to hang the wreath from.


Step 4 - is an actual step back to admire your new wreath. 


Pin It
The project took 20 minutes to complete, so put it on your crafting calendar and whip it up in no time.


Hugs,
Iuliana
Would you like to see similar projects? Please consider following or subscribing 
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter


Linking up to these awesome parties,
as well as here 
Make sure you go visit them 
and show some comment love.
Pin It

54 comments:

  1. cute!! love me some chevron! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley...loves chevron?! Noo!!! Lol. I am glad you like it. Thanks for being my first commenter (is that a word?)

      Delete
  2. I have a girlfriend that LOVES chevron. I will be sharing with her. Your wreath looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin it, Pin it!!! That should help spread the word. Thank you for stopping by. I love comments!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful wreath! I love love love it. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling. I have a wreath that needs prettying up and this may just do the trick! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Now that you mentioned an existing wreath that needs prettying up, it reminded me of all my ugly wreaths I have in storage that I could revamp.

      Delete
  5. Very cute! By using different colors, this wreath could work for any season. I'm pinning it!

    Paula@SweetPea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pinning. I am definitely going to make other colors too. Mmmm...something for fall?!

      Delete
  6. Adorable and so easy! Visiting from the party at Not Just a Housewife. Great job!

    sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how simple it is, yet soo cute.
    I might be a wee bit obsessed with Chevron so this might be happening at my apt this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a wee bit obsessed with Chevron too. Maybe even more than a wee bit:)

      Delete
  8. This looks so cute! Love the chevron.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Even my husband liked the chevron on this wreath, and he is not particularly fond of chevron in the first place.

      Delete
  9. Charming! I like black and white details. May have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know when you make one, so I can see how it turned out!

      Delete
  10. That is super cute! Looks really easy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It really was super easy and easy is my favorite way.

      Delete
  11. Cool! I've never seen the ruffle look on a wreath before. I like what you've done :)I'd be tickled if you came over and said hey in my neck of the woods, myclevernest.com! Have a great week :)
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the ruffled wreath. I will definitely stop by.

      Delete
  12. I love this! Fantastic. New follower.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh...I love new followers. Thank you!

      Delete
  13. This turned out amazing! I love it!
    New Follower!
    Hugs, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so funny - I just sent an email to a friend trying to appologise for being flaky about a service project we wanted to do together, and I told her how frazzled I am these days, now that I am a mom. And then I saw your comment and looked at your blog name. I thought...She is just like me!!!

    Also, thank you for being a new follower! Seriously, hugs hugs hugs! Definitely going to your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooo cute! I found you on Not Just a Housewife and I am a new follower. Come over and visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious?! Another new follower. I love followers and especially the new ones that come! Thank you and I am glad linking at link parties produces such awesome followers. Definitely coming and visit. Where do you live? J/k. Coming and visiting your blogs.

      Delete
  16. Oh I so need to pin this one...very cute!! I have an awesome GIVEAWAY going on…like to shop? If you do…hop over and enter my $100 SHOPPING SPREE GIVEAWAY.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love wreaths and I love chevron, therefore I love this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chevron is my favorite! Thanks for sharing on Cowgirl Up- go grab "I Was Featured" button from my blog because I featured your wreath on my fb page today!!!
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crafty-Texas-Girls/140299076008437

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad that I'm following you! Just the inspiration I needed for my next wreath. Thanks for sharing on the Not Just a Housewife link party.

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute!! I love how easy it is!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love this!! Pinned and adored. Thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pinning and stopping by!

      Delete
  22. This is super cute! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I'll be featuring this tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE IT! Pinned it for my craft to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. I love it when people pin, so thank you!

      Delete
  25. So cute! Love it =)

    Visiting from Shabby Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Kristin!

      Delete
  26. Hi! This is FANTASTIC! Love it!
    Krista @ mk inspired

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how this turned out! I have some fabric I think would be just perfect, so I will have to let you know how it goes! I'm going to lurk around for a while and see what else you have been up to! Have a wonderful Sunday! {New Follower!!!} jules

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed learning from your tutorial. You did a pretty nice chic wreath! I hope you could visit and link up at my link party still ongoing today :)

    http://myricandreasen.blogspot.com/2012/08/happy-passion-parade-everyone-two-weeks.html

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for linking to Make the Scene Monday..features are a little late but you are being featured later tonight none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute idea. I'm going to try it with red and white chevron and hemming it at both ends. I'm too OCD to let it fray. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day