30 Days to Finding your Blogging Voice

Monday, August 20, 2012

Scroll to the bottom to get a list of all the prompts we've been writing thus far.



You've probably read blogs that made you want to read every single word, and also blogs that didn't provide you with any interest to read, but only skim through and look at pretty pictures.I often wondered if it's all about writing skills or lack of, however, I've found that the most important is to use your own natural voice.
Pin It
Just because you're a blogger doesn't mean you're a writer automatically or that you need to be one.
Your voice as a blogger should reveal your character, and since we are all different, once you find your voice, you should be able to easily express yourself naturally. 

There are many reasons why we may not be using our own voice while we blog. Maybe we write what we think others want to hear; maybe we let ourselves be influenced by other people's writing,especially those of successful bloggers we admire; or maybe writing isn't our forte. I am sad to admit that I kind of lost my voice while blogging. I like to think that it's because English is not my native language, 
but I am sure there are many other reasons that I still have to figure out. 

Soooo,  I am starting a mini series personal challenge so I can find my own blogging voice.                                                    
Whatever the reason you may feel you aren't really able to be yourself while blogging, this series of exercises should put you on track to better blog writing, and by better I mean more expressive of who you are.

Have you heard of Writing Prompts? 

Why take the time for writing prompts?

Writing exercises can help us blog without the easy embellishments of blogging lingo. They can allow our minds to retreat from the current project or post, and just focus on writing about the prompt, not thinking what others may want to read, but rather what we have to say about it.

Even if you think you are pretty good at being yourself when you blog, these exercises will still
 be beneficial for anyone seeking to improve their blog writing.

What do you say? Would you like to join me in my mini quest to better blog writing?

1. Every week (probably Mon, Wed, Fri) I will post a random Writing Prompt that doesn't have much to do with blogging. Then I will do my writing exercise by writing a few short paragraphs. 
The idea is to not over think it, but just quickly writing what first comes to your mind. 
Even one sentence can be enough.

2.You can do the same either on your blog and then post the link in the comments, 
or do it directly in the comments. 

If you would like to do it on your blog, 
please make sure you grab the button below so other people can participate too.
Hip2Thrift

Iuliana
Do you want to make sure you do all the prompts to find your blogging voice? 
Please consider following or subscribing 
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter

Linking up to these awesome parties, 
as well as here

Pin ItYou can also just pin this image for later, whenever you may want to do this challenge.

Pin It

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Love this post! It's so true, hearing someone's voice is far better than how "good" of a writer they are... Thanks for the ideas to write about too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late to the game but am trying to get back to writing regularly on my blog. I think I'll do some catch-up writing today. :-) Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no...you're going to laugh at my writing. You don't need my silly prompts - you are such an amazing writer Bobbie.

      Delete
    2. I love reading your blog when I eventually get around to reading any blogs at all!! And I do need your silly prompts. I may sometimes know how to write, but my mind goes blank all the time when I'm trying to come up with ideas!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, here's the latest: http://www.hip2thrift.com/2012/11/write-about-last-time-you-ran-day-12-30.html

      Thank you for participating!

      Delete
  4. Hi Iuliana!

    I ran across this on Pinterest! {Thank heaven for Pinterest!} I am so excited to start doing it! But I can only find up to Day 12. Did you stop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found this and that it seems interesting. The reason it is only up to Day 12 is because the challenge is going on right now, so we are at Day 12. Make sure you come back if you wan to participate in the rest. Thank you!

      Delete

Your comments make my day