Day 1 - Describe your Childhood Bedroom - 30 Days to Finding your Blogging Voice

Monday, August 20, 2012


For more details on how to participate, as well as to catch up on missed days,
please go here and consider joining us.

Shall we start our first Writing Prompt?
Pin It



My Childhood Bedroom. I had a twin bed with white sheets and covers (My mother liked it to be all white). By the window was my desk that was filled with junk memorabilia. I would scrapbook everything in sight, hence the shoe boxes filled with gum wrappers, receipts, rocks, dried flowers and leaves, etc. Under the desk which was covered with a tablecloth, was a big box, left from when we bough a new TV. That box housed everything I didn't want people to see, and by people I mean my mom when she asked me to clean my room. My brother was habitating on the opposite wall. He was a collector too, but way more organized than me. His bed was taller than mine, so he kept all of his treasures neatly under his bed. His side of the wall had posters of cars and a big one of Bruce Lee. My side of the wall had a World map with sticky notes of where I wanted to go, or something interesting I learned in school about a certain country.

My mom has always been obsessed with plants and so we had a ton in our room too - a bunch of them on the window sill, one tall one (I believe it was called Wild Rose) on the floor, a couple of aloe plants, and a lemon plant - that never produced any fruit (it may or may not had anything to do with my watering schedule, or lack of). 

My dolls (and I can remember having only two) and a few other toys were displayed on a bookshelf, where my brother wouldn't bother to reach to break my their legs.I had to get up on my chair to get my dolls of the bookshelf. 
 Just writing this makes me want to express more gratitude for my really loving and hardworking mom.
____________________________________________________________________________

It is now your turn. Describe your childhood bedroom. Again, you may post your prompt in the comments, or on your blog with my button, and then put your link in the comments. I promise I will do my best to read them all.

Please go here for more information on our Writing Challenge as well as for the days we have written thus far.
Hugs,
Iuliana
Do you want to make sure you do all the prompts to find your blogging voice? 
Please consider following or subscribing 
to my blog by clicking on one of the icons below:
facebooktwitter

Pin It

29 comments:

  1. Very interesting idea. I don't feel like I have time to join in right now, but I really love the idea of being very conscious and pro-active to make sure I am letting my true voice be heard in my blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. You should just pin it, and then you can do it on your own whenever you want.

      Delete
  2. I have just found your blog and I have really enjoyed reading it. Your design is really neat, too. I was wondering if you could help me with my blog design: http://sugarcookiedesigns.blogspot.com. I have a huge blank spot running down the page. I cannot figure out how to move gadgets around to fill it. I have tried changing my design, my layout, etc. Please advise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog design was actually created by http://www.733design.com/. Kim is really great to work with and really did everything I wanted it to look like. I did pay for it, but it was well worth it for.

      I could probably help you though. The easiest way would be for you to change your password temporarily, so I can have access to your blog and then I can make the changes for you.

      Delete
  3. I just wanted to let you know I featured your post today. I'm also looking forward to participating when I have the time. Thanks for sharing!

    http://fiveseventeenrepurposing.blogspot.com/2012/08/im-doing-reader-pick-at-take-look.html

    Blessings,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool idea! Here's my first post:

    http://www.wildflowersandwhimsy.com/2012/08/my-childhood-bedroom/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am definitely going to take part in this now! I actually just found your blog through Wildflowers & Whimsy's post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog from the WOW link party and I am seriously impressed! What a great resource you are creating for us bloggers who need to improve out writing. I will definitely be checking back and following along. Thanks so much for putting this together!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw..thank you Lynn! That is sweet!

      Delete
  7. Yay! thanks for this interesting idea. Along with Ami @Alililly and April @WildflowersandWhimsy, I am also joining! ^^) Here's my post: http://www.to-sew-with-love.com/2012/08/30-days-to-finding-your-blogging-voice.html

    Looking forward to day 2!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really great. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/tangerine-toner-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This my second day in blogland and I am participating. I found this through some of the many other blogs I am subscribed to. Anyway I am not that good at it yet-of course. I did manage to grab the button and post it and also write about my childhood bedroom. Hope you enjoy! Thanks so much for posting this and letting us participate.
    http://sailawaywithdharper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! I am your first follower on your blog! When you become famous, remember your first follower:) wink

      Delete
  11. What a great challenge! I'm super excited to follow this- Got my first post up- working on # 2!
    http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/30-days-to-finding-your-blogging-voice/

    ReplyDelete
  12. My childhood bedroom was at the top of the stairs and my sister and my parents all needed to walk through to get to their own rooms. So...never any privacy, which is exactly what every girls wants. My bedroom furniture was all white with gold accents, my bed was my mother's when she was growing up, and I mean the entire bed, matress, box springs, all of it. It was super comfortable, but thinking back I bet I probably just sank down into it. I do remember there being a lot of pink, fluffy pillows, clown pictures(which I find a little creepy now), and all of these fancy little birthday dolls. They were glass and standing next to a glass number indicating what birthday you got it. I also had one of those plastic case record players and a green vinyl case filled with my records and my mom's old 45's...I am a huge fan of the oldies now. I think I was probably going for a comfy shabby vintage, still love it, except for the creepy clown pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about the clowns. Awesome writing! Keep coming back for the rest of the prompts.

      Delete
  13. I feel like I'm commenting all over your blog today lol. Just wanted to share the link to my post: http://handmade-loveliness.blogspot.in/2012/08/my-childhood-bedroom.html

    You've got great ideas, keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey Shazia...I love that you're commenting all over my blog!

      Delete
  14. Love this! Just found this post and would love to join in! Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Iuliana,
    I really appreciate this information. I was flying the other day, and speaking with an english professor, and your blog came to mind. When she asked how long I had been writing, I answered, "Not long, and I am still trying to find my blogging voice." You have really given me food for thought. Thank you. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a little late, but here's mine! http://dksimply12.blogspot.com/2012/09/finding-your-own-blogging-voice-day-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! Going over to read it right now!

      Delete
  17. I joined in a few days ago. Here's my first one: http://birddroppings2.blogspot.com/2012/09/find-your-voice-my-bedroom.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day