{Recipe} Hash brown Frittata

Tuesday, July 3, 2012



With my new commitment to use everything I have in the fridge, and also plan menus, I have found myself looking for recipes online more deliberately than just pinning them. One of them caught my eye, because the ingredients were simple and it was a relatively fast recipe. I took my inspiration from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom  and made this tutorial for you.

Hash Brown Frittata

Difficulty: medium
Cooking time: 35 min
Prep time: 5 min

ingredients

Eggs6
Milk1 cup
Hash brown Potatoes2 cupsI used frozen and thawed them in the microwave for a minute
Sausage2 cupsI used pork sausage, but any kind will work. You can substitute for ham and/or bacon
Onions1 pieceMedium size 
Bell Pepper1 pieceI used a red gypsy pepper from the Farmer's Market, but you can use any kind
Cheese1cupI used shredded mozzarella
olive oil                                     
salt and pepper to taste


step by step


1  Whisk eggs with one cup of milk, salt, and pepper. Lightly grease a 9 x 9 or 7 X 11 baking dish with olive oil and spread the hash browns evenly.




2
Cook the sausage into crumbles and drain the oil.



3
Chop your onion and pepper, and add to the sausage. Saute together until onions are translucent.

 

4 Spread the sausage and veggies in an even layer over the hash brown one. Pour the milk and sprinkle cheese.



5 Place in a preheated oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.




Serve for breakfast with a dab of sour cream, or for dinner with a salad! It was so yummy, and I don't even like sausage. It's also one of those recipes that works both for me, as I don't eat gluten, and the rest of the family, that does't always like my gluten free concoctions. Enjoy!




Hugs,
Iuliana
Pin It
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! I cannot wait to make this for our brunch tomorrow! I was just perusing the world wide web to find something easy, and something that I had most of the ingredients! I am going to add some zucchini! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious this looks delicious! I've pinned the recipe to my breakfast board. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day