Radio Silence and Vacation

Friday, July 27, 2012

Sorry for the radio silence that you may or may not have noticed happening on the blog. I am happy to say that it wasn't because I was lazy or something (although that has happened plenty in the past), but because I was literally off the grid.


We got to spend an awesome weekend in the mountains with friends at their cabin. Actually saying 'cabin' is an understatement, because it was an actual house. Not just a house either, but an awesome house, my type of house - beautiful vintage and antique furniture, gorgeous creamy and glazed cabinets, beadboards, and so much more. It was french country meets rustic, meets log cabin, meets antique. Nothing in that house looked dated; just the right amount of old.


Besides me drooling over everything in the house, we also had some awesome outdoor fun, which was the intention of the trip to begin with. A highlight for me was riding ATVs - seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. We went up to a ghost mining town to feed chipmunks. Even though they are small and cute, I was the wuss behind the camera. 




While he was feeding the really tame chipmunks and really wanting to take one home, I took my little chipmunk...



 who insisted on carrying her backpack everywhere (can you believe she is only two?), and went across the street to the antique market. Oh how I wanted to buy everything...




...but between not having any of those things in our very limited budget, and being on an ATV, we went back only with fun memories and leftover sunflower seeds.


One totally awesome thing about this trip was also meeting new friends. One of them is actually a fellow blogger, Lexy, who blogs over at The Proper Pinwheel. Make sure you go over and check her blog out - it is chalk full of fun party and DIY ideas.

The rest of the week was spent at a family reunion up in Frisco, Co. We hiked, we played, we had tons of fun.


 Now I am knee deep in laundry and desperately trying to get everything done by tonight, when my hubby and I are leaving for a stay-cation in Denver for our 6 year wedding anniversary, which is tomorrow. My in-laws who are in town from Chicago, will be watching Abby and most likely will be sleeping in our bed, so I really need to finish cleaning the bedroom up.  I better go, because I also wanna curl my hair before tonight!

Hugs,
Iuliana
Pin It
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time on your "stay-cation" Happy Anniversary!
    Oh and I am loving those old crates! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Thanks for the shout out! Your blog is adorable and I love your writing! Let's get together soon. Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got back from Chicago, so now we should totally get together.

      Delete

Your comments make my day