Menu Plan Monday - week 1

Sunday, July 1, 2012


I have been trying to be more frugal about my grocery spending, and I have found that the only way to do that is to make a menu, grocery shop under budget, and stick to the menu. So, in the spirit of frugality, organization and accountability, I am starting a Menu Plan Monday, drawing inspiration from I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Here is the commencement of week one!

Monday 

I didn't do any grocery shopping last week, as I wanted to use up everything I have in my fridge and freezer. Now my fridge is almost empty and I won't be grocery shopping till much later (going to the Museum of Nature and Science). I have one huge butternut squash, so I am trying something new I pinned on Pinterest.

Gluten Free Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash & Quinoa

                                            Source: cookincanuck.com via Iuliana on Pinterest

Tuesday


We have our Farmer's Market on Tuesday, so I'll be buying tons of veggies.



Wednesday - 4th of July

We'll be having barbecue with the family in the evening, but during the day, I'll make a few pinterest inspired goodies.

                                      Source: bedifferentactnormal.com via Iuliana on Pinterest


                              Source: kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com via Iuliana on Pinterest




Thursday
Crock-pot Santa Fe Chicken

                                     Source: chef-n-training.blogspot.com via Iuliana on Pinterest


Friday




Saturday


Leftovers and a salad

Sunday
Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
                                         Source: mamalovesfood.com via Iuliana on Pinterest

Wish me luck! I will let you know before the next Menu Plan Monday how my first week went. I will be linking up to Menu Plan Monday over at orgjunkie.com

Hugs,

Iuliana
Pin It
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Those are some yummy sounding recipes. I'm pinning a couple to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from Menu Plan Monday today! Welcome to MPM!
    The Crockpot Potato Soup looks so good.
    Thanks to Pinterest and MPM, I'm able to keep inspired when it comes to cooking and baking!
    I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken looks really good and easy, too! Thanks. Found you on Menu Plan Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day