Pillows from placemats {how to}

Friday, February 17, 2012

I am not really good at sewing. And I am not being modest at all. Really...even a straight line is a big challenge to me and avoid it as much as possible.

Here is an easy way to make some throw pillows using placemats. You see them everywhere and they are pretty cheap.

1. I used a seam ripper to create an opening (the smaller, the less you'll have to hand-stitch) big enough for my hand to fit comfortably for filling.

IMG_3030

2. Stuff it with filler.


 3. Hand stitch the opening and you're done!

And here's the final result
Make pillows from placemats

Very easy - my kind of project. I am now constantly on the lookout for cute fabric placemats. I think this cost me about $2. Score!

Hugs,
Iuliana
Pin It
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I hope you'll link this up to my new linky party! I'm a new follower! Hope you'll stop by and follow along if you'd like!

    Mallory @ Classy Clutter

    http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/02/saturday-spotlight-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Mallory! I just linked up. Love your cute blog!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I am following your blog now. Totally love it!!!

      Delete
  3. Nice pillows from placemats. Wow. Nice. Nice. Take care, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! I'm on the look out for place mats now! ;)


    Found you on TT&J and would love for you to come by and link this up at my Create & Inspire Party! :)

    http://www.littleinspiration.com/2012/02/create-inspire-party_17.html

    Best Wishes,
    Angie from ALI

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great idea because most of it is already sewed. Love it! I am a new Twitter follower visiting from Homemaker in Heels. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day