1 Month, $0 Budget challenge

Sunday, January 1, 2012

I have been looking for new ways to set goals and actually accomplish them. I am one of those cheesy people, that likes to make resolutions, and strongly believes a new year is a new page, and new chance for change. My husband believes you can/should make changes now, as opposed to having the 'I'll start on Monday' mentality. 


One of the bloggers I follow, Full of Great Ideas, extended the 1 month, 0$ challenge for January 12. I took an the challenge and today is the first day. 






The idea is that you basically spend $0 on non-essentials. That means, no crafting supplies, no groupons, no eating out, no buying food until everything is gone. Saving money, and using what we have is a great way to start the year in a financially responsible manner. Stephanie at Full of Great Ideas explains it better. Head over to her blog and see if this is something you would like to do.


I am really excited to give this challenge a try and be conscious about my spending choices, especially since we are kinda poor. Ok, I admit it, we're poor. I wasn't going to post anything personal on this blog, but I guess it's hard to detach myself from this blog. This will be an awesome opportunity to re-evaluate my habits, organize my life, use what I have, be resourceful, creative and most of all have control over my money, as opposed to the other way around.


Are you thinking of doing it? Let's try together!


Hugs,
IulianaPin It

0 awesome comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day