Christmas Countdown blocks

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The other day we had a craft night at the church and we made these awesome Christmas countdown blocks. I know the girl in charge bought the blocks and the vinyl from somewhere, but I don't remember where from and  so I am sorry I am not giving proper credit here.


What you'll need:
  • 2 wood cubes measuring 3.5 inches
  • 1 wood block measuring 7.5 inches long, 3.5 inches deep and 1 inch tall (like I said...I am not sure where my friend bought these from, but if you have the right wood cutting tools, you can make your own blocks )
  • Mod Podge
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Sponge brush
  • Paint
  • Vinyl letters that read "Countdown" (you can also just print some out and cut the letters and numbers with an exacto knife)
  • Vinyl numbers - 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 
  • Vinyl Numbers - 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8


1. The blocks were sanded and then the edges painted. You can paint the whole surface of the blocks, but we just did the edges. Let the paint dry before proceeding to the next step.


2. Cut out scrap-book paper just a little bit smaller then the surface you want to cover. So, for the cubes just cut out 12 pieces of Christmas scrapbook paper measuring 3 inches. Mod Podge them unto your surfaces.


3. Mod Podge dries relatively fast to the touch. Apply the vinyl (or just mod podge some that you print out yourself) letters and numbers. 



4. Apply a generous layer of Mod Podge on top. The more, the shinier.


and Voila!



Hugs,
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the COUNTDOWN blocks! What a fun thing to help build up the excitement until Christmas morning! Can't wait to see what you do next!

    Please check out our Sew Crafty Christmas sewing event!
    10 Giveaways and 10 Guest Posters!
    Today's giveaway is a $50 store credit to So Sew Boutique!
    Happy Sewing!
    Jenny- Seamingly Smitten
    www.seaminglysmitten.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these countdown blocks! so fun! You should totally link up to my Christmas Linky Carnival.
    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats cute. I did one in black and white for my office. I love it. Thanks for sharing your Christmas one with us.
    http://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day