Peppermint Wreath - for $1!!!!

Friday, November 18, 2011

This is a project I have wanted to do since september (yes, I think of Christmas even in September) and could not wait to start on Christmas projects. Here's my $1 peppermint candy wreath...sAweet!


I started out by piling up everything I thought would work for this wreath. The only thing I bought was the bag of star light mints from the Dollar Store.



I wrapped my wreath with some wide ribbon, to make it a little more even. But if you have a foam form, that would probably work even better. I was going for a cheap project and so I used what I had. Important tip: make sure you have enough ribbon BEFORE you glue your ribbon. As you can see I didn't. I decided to go ahead and make the wreath with only half of it covered with ribbon.


Then, I remembered I had the cutest washi tape ever, and just wrapped the rest of the wreath with that. It would've been nice to have it all covered with the tape. Oh well. Cheap, impatient and really interested in the movie I was watching with my hubs while doing this project.


I just glued the candies in no particular pattern. Put enough glue to cover the whole back of the candy, but not too much, because it will ooze out and not look pretty. I would press it down with my finger for a few seconds, to ensure proper adhesion.

When I finished gluing the peppermints, I went back and added a few red cake decorating beans in the spots where it looked kind of lonely empty.

Add some ribbon to attach it, make a cute bow and you're done! Super cute holiday wreath for $1.


Just a little disclaimer and tip: this project can get boring, so watch a movie while doing this. However, be careful not to burn your finger with your hot lava glue gun, like I did here.

Hugs,
Linking up to these awesome parties!
As well as here
and here.
Pin It

38 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! I'm glad you are ok-it was worth the pain though wasn't it?

    Love it!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cheerful and lovely. I want one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I am glad you guys like it. I can't wait for next weekend when I can actually put it up. It's in a paper back waiting patiently for next week1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super, duper cute! I want to make one and I will just have to hope that my kids don't eat its cuteness away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the polka dot ribbon with the mints. Would love you to link up at my new link party Friday frolic!
    http://karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com/2011/11/friday-frolic-4.html

    Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh. this rocks. i LOVE it. i love red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuteness! This would look so cute in my kitchen (or anywhere, really). Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really looks great. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from the Creative bloggers hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo creative.. I absolutely love this.. I have a linky party happening for Christmas ornaments and I will LOVE for you to please share this lovely feature with me and my friends please : )) http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/special-christmas-soiree1st-feature.html --. Wishing you a great start to your week.. TY

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice idea, i love it. I made a post in my blog about this great idea and yr tutorial.
    here is the link in case you have the chance to visit my blog:

    http://burundanguitas.blogspot.com/2011/11/xmas-wreaths.html

    rgds, dalyse

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea!
    Please come share this idea at:
    www.thezkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wreath is wicked cute!! I love this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how cute! good idea with filling in the spaces with red cake buttons!!

    kammyskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found a huge bag of peppermints when we moved our things from our storage unit last month. They are WAY too old to eat, but this is a sweet way to use them up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute. Thanks for linking up, this'll be featured at our wknd party (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute wreath. I would love for you to join my weekly linky. Fri-monday come strut your stuff. If you like giveaways, I have some great ones going on now two, including 66 etsy giveaways for Breaking Dawn in one post. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute!! I love the look! I would love to have you come share this at our link party...junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/11/link-it-up-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tooo pretty !! Ok this one I have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is darling!!! And I can't believe that you made it for only $1! I am going to be making this! :) And I was cracking up at your post because I am the same way- I just start making it without figuring out if I will have enough ribbon or materials . . . hee hee! But yours turned out beautiful regardless! We would love to have you stop by and share this at our link party:
    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/11/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-21.html
    Have a great weekend!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely darling! I shared a link to it on my Facebook page this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I pinned this on Pinterest, posted on fb, tweeted on Twitter and stumbled on Stumble Upon. Please feel free to grab the feature button. Thanks for linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this idea! I'd love for you to link up to my Homemade in December Link Carnival.

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is awesomely cute. I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This just makes me happy. Wanted you to know I featured it tonight on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute! So glad you linked up with us!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love. This. !! Will add this to my to do list now! Yet another one... ;o)

    Found you via link party, thank you for sharing! :o)

    http://justagurlintheworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-make-custom-wall-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so cute! I love the polka dot bow so so much! Thanks for sharing at our Home for the Holidays party!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable wreath!!!

    I featured it today: http://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com/2011/11/time-to-shine-features-no-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute idea!

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this great idea. Consider, if you will, sharing it with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2011/11/although-i-must-say-that-link-response.html. Thanks! Christmas blessings to you……….Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! This is great. :) I am going to save it to make next year.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your wreath looks totally awesome! I love the colours, the style, and of course the cheapness! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day