How to make a chalkboard using an old frame

Sunday, September 25, 2011

I am so excited to share my newest project with you. Last weekend I had a garage sale, to get rid of junk that we've accumulated in the last couple of years. My neighbors' adorable kids had a little lemonade and cookies stand, and a little more fun. It was a beautiful day. I figured I'd tackle more than one project, so I brought out a few of my projects that involved painting. One of the things I wanted to make was a chalkboard. 
You've seen all the awesome ideas for chalk board paint projects in my previous post  and I am excited to show you what I've done.

I bought some nice big frames at a garage sale (yes...I went garage sale-ing while having a garage sale) for $2 each. SCORE

...and here's what I did:

From this

to this

Sorry about the elementary school looking handwriting - this was the first thing I wrote 
on the brand new chalk board and I was nervous. I painted the frame with Aegean Blue Interior Paint by Martha Stewart Living. I got this 8 oz. Paint Tester from Home Depot and 
used it also on my kitchen hutch bead board back.

I made a quick mini banner using some fall scrapbook paper I had, and just attached it lightly to the back of the frame with some push pins.

Want to try it too? I used this awesome tutorial by Cindy from The Creativity Exchange.
I was really excited to learn that I can paint glass with chalk board paint. 
Old ugly frames...here I come! Ok...more like...pillow here I come. Going to bed.

What do you think?

Hugs,

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This is really cute. I love that you went to a garage sale while having one. Thought I was the only one who would do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this. I want to make one! The bunting you added is such a cute tough! Awesome job!

    lifewiththehawleys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I actually have an old frame that I've been meaning to do something with, I might just have to turn it into a chalkboard for my craft room. Thanks for the inspiration and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day