Word Nazi

Saturday, August 13, 2011

I've had some people call me a Word Nazi, not in the Microsoft sense, but in the English language sense, and kind of jokingly too. Now, this post may prove the same thing, but I just have to get it out there.

I HATE that the word Nazi is used so lightly these days. Why do people use it in such casual circumstances? I am pretty sure it all started with Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi episode.

I am also pretty sure if we all take a minute to think about it, we'll figure out why we shouldn't take this so lightly. I am from Europe and the Holocaust affected people in my country as well. It's been a long time, but it is still a sore subject and a tragedy of the human condition.

Let's not forget. You know, the whole "Never Again" thing. Don't use the word Nazi so lightly. Please.

You're probably wondering why there's a post like this on a craft blog?! In my defense - I have been sick with a nasty cold and am kind of disoriented.

Hugs my dear lovelies,

IulianaPin It

2 comments:

  1. you have a cold too!?! I've been sick since Thursday! Sad for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day