Letter to my 1 year old {plus turquoise Birthday Party}

Friday, May 13, 2011

It has been one year since I first met you. To say it was love at first sight would be an understatement. When I first held you in my arms, although I was in pain and extremely exhausted, it seemed like the world has stopped just so they can look at the miracle that arrived into this world. I remember feeling a bit scared that I wasn't holding you the right way. Your eyes and sweet voice just made me grateful beyond any words could ever describe. You were born a healthy little girl, and your beauty and perfection surpass all the beauty that I had ever known. 

Your daddy and I have never had so much fun in our lives, until you arrived. You truly make each day full of sunshine. You are so amazing and you bring so much joy into our lives. I don't have enough words to describe how much I love you. I have learned so much from you, and feel so honored that God has entrusted me with the most important job in the world - of being your mother.

You have been an angel child, as the books say. You have had an even temperament (just like your Daddy said you would in your baby blessing); slept through the night very early on and kept at it till about 6 months. After that, when you started teething we've had a hard time keeping you asleep at night. It's been hard, but it's been amazing. There isn't one single thing that you do that isn't cute...yes even with burps and all.

You have hit the milestones with success. You started crawling at 8 and a half months and walking at almost 11 months. You now officially say the following words: hi, mama, dady, "apa" (water in romanian), Ay-ya-ya (for Sierra), igh (for light), baw (for ball), nana, papa, doggy, nam-nam (for food). You also sign "milk" and "more". It really sweet how you say ma-ma-ma-ma-ma when you need something. You smile and giggle all day. You love your belly button, and your new poliwalks.  Balls and bubbles are pretty fascinating. Most of all, you love to play with things that are not meant to be toys, such as: my phone, the car keys, cups, cords, ripping off my laptop keyboard keys (I am now missing the tab and zero keys.). You have recently started to dance, kinda just moving up and down. ADORABLE!  You love your cousins and I don't even want to think what it will be like when they move.

We also had a birthday party for you that mama has worked really hard to put together. Although I haven't even done half of what was on the list, I'd say it turned out well. I enjoyed making all the decorations and desserts. 

I love you and always will,

Your mother.








Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Job!!! Tha was a lot of work. Great inspiration for the rest of us. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so delightful! What a lucky little girl! Did you post this on the site Catch my Party?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day